I was tagged by Joe from Simple Debt-Free Finance to write a meme on these seven things.
Here are the Meme rules:
1. Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
7 Things You Never Knew You Didn’t Know About Me
Hmm. This could be difficult. I’ve been pretty open about everything from the 12 things I learned by 42 that I wish I knew at 22 to my worst decision ever to how my identity was stolen so coming up with seven more has made me think, especially after coming up with all the wild things I’ve survived.
But here goes:
1. I’ve written several songs but never published them. Two of them are quite good I’m told. I taught myself how to play the guitar after seeing all the girls swoon over the guitar players at a church camp when I was about 14.
2. I’m not that big of a sports fan (except for SEC Football), but I’m an avid reader of the business section of the newspaper and any business/investment/money book or magazine.
3. I love to be “hands on,” whether that involves cooking, gardening, working on an old car, or building a home.
4. I started the first soccer team at my high school back in 1983. Since then soccer has become one of their largest sports, but back then no one gave it a second thought. I had to handle scheduling games with other schools, transportation of the players, coaching, the whole shebang. I did this as a junior after being cut from the baseball team.
5. I spent a summer in Guatemala after winning a national missions essay scholarship contest. I spent time as a camp counselor near El Lago de Atitlan and then as a painter for a school in Chimaltenango. I was only 17 years old at the time and yes, there was a civil war going on.
6. I majored in finance at The University of Alabama but quit after three years and lost focus. Fifteen years later I went back to finish my college education, majoring in Human Resources Management at Baker College, and then concentrated on marketing for my MBA at The University of North Alabama. I’m still thinking of getting my PhD in Economics.
7. I love to snow ski more than just about any other activity there is. The problem is that the nearest “decent” ski resorts are about 800 miles to the east or 900 miles to the west. I’d move in a heartbeat if the right opportunity came along.
Okay, I spilled the beans on ME, now I’m tagging:
- My Supercharged Life
- Do You Dave Ramsey?
- Frugal and Thriving
- Positively Present
- Debt Free Adventure
- Hundred Goals
- Good Faithful Servant