According to USA Today, up to 94 MILLION Visa and Mastercard numbers were stolen by hackers by tapping into the computer databases of several major retailers. Included in the list were TJ Maxx, Barnes & Noble, Sports Authority, OfficeMax, Boston Market, BJ’s Wholesale, Forever 21, and Dave & Buster’s. I’ve shopped at many of these places in the last few months, but I don’t worry because my credit is monitored!
How is my credit monitored?
I use Equifax Credit Watch Gold 3-in-1 and have since 2004. I am thoroughly pleased with how it works. Not only does Equifax monitor my credit report, but they send me an email ANYTIME there is a change to it. That change can be an inquiry, a new account, or a balance change. I don’t have to worry about identity theft surprising me.
Since I have my parameters set to email me based on a percentage change in an account’s balance, I don’t worry about identity theft or security breeches such as the one that affected those 94 million credit card holders. It is well worth the small monthly fee to have this peace of mind, particularly after the nightmare I went through with having my identity stolen prior to getting Equifax Credit Watch Gold 3-in-1.
And here’s an added bonus to using Equifax — I can pull my credit report as many times a month if I want. When there’s no news for a calendar month on my credit report, I get a “No news is good news” email from them. Of course everything is customizable to your preferences. By the way, I just got my email …. and nothing is wrong!
My identity is safe and it’s a good feeling.
- Comprehensive credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion credit reports
- Wireless alerts and customizable alerts available
- Free 3-in-1 Credit Report and unlimited access to your Equifax Credit Report™
- Up to $20,000 Identity Theft Insurance with no deductible (certain limitations and exclusions apply) at no additional charge to you
- Knowledgeable Customer Care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week