About Me and This Site
Hello, my name is Ron and I’m a husband to my beautiful wife of 23 years as well as a father to three wonderful children. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration on Human Resources Management and I have an MBA that concentrated on marketing. Formerly a partner in a company with 141 operations in 16 states, I now work for a Fortune 100 company in operations management.
Let me be up front: I do not profess myself to be wise. I struggle to make the best and wisest choices every day. Sometimes I succeed, but many times I do not. Those times allow me to reflect and learn, I hope.
I started this blog because I wanted to generate discussion about what I believe are three very important areas. These areas are often neglected by well meaning parents and overworked school systems when they attempt to equip children to live, work, and adapt to the outside world. The principles and ideas surrounding can be learned by anyone at any stage of life. What are they?
- Personal financial management.
- Achieving and maintaining a great relationship with your spouse and children.
- How to succeed in your occupation, whether as an employee or an entrepreneur.
I have a small amount of knowledge and experience in these three areas, but so much of wisdom is knowing what NOT to do. I can personally contribute to that body of knowledge to be sure.
I believe it is NEVER too late to learn and I hope to learn a great deal from the readers and subscribers to this blog. I also hope you can pick up an idea or two that will help you live a better, more productive, more fulfilling life. After all, the greatest Book ever written says “There is wisdom in a multitude of counselors.”
I’m quite conservative on many financial issues, but surprisingly liberal in my views on other issues.
Please comment if you feel led. I welcome dissenting views, but keep things nice! I look forward to our sharing our collective wisdom and knowledge to help each other achieve our own success.
- Readers are solely responsible and liable for their comments, so BE NICE! Don’t berate me or my readers. And don’t call anyone names. Those comments get deleted very quickly.
- By commenting, you grant The Wisdom Journal irrevocable license to use or modify your comments.
- By commenting, you grant The Wisdom Journal irrevocable license to delete your comments. I sincerely hope I never have to do this, so don’t do or say anything that you wouldn’t do or say in front of your mother or MY mother for that matter. Again be nice.
- By commenting, you grant The Wisdom Journal irrevocable license to contact you via email about your comments (I won’t spam you, I promise).
- Comments that use any language I wouldn’t want my children to hear or read will be deleted. Count on it.
- Link backs made by commercial sites may be deleted unless they are really, really good in my opinion.
- Policy subject to change at any time depending on my mood at the time.
- Links change all the time and if one goes to the wrong site, or is broken, let me know.
- If you use a fake email address and I figure it out, your comment will be deleted. I might also list your comment as spam with the big secret spam computer in San Francisco so it doesn’t trouble me or any other bloggers again.
- I do not allow links to sites that promote violence, pornography, gambling, questionable loans, immoral activities (as defined by ME), or sites that I would not want my children to visit.
The customary disclaimer: What I share here with you is based on my own personal experiences and research, and is heavily riddled with a lot of subjective opinion. Read, learn, surf, lurk and form your own conclusions. If you find anything here that is yours which you’d rather I not borrow, — just let me know and I will take it down.
What I write about is my own opinion and before you act on anything you read here (or anywhere else for that matter), you should get advice from an experienced professional.
In the event I review a program, a company, or any product or service provided by any person, company, or entity, the policies and practices of that entity supersede my references to said policies. I assure you, it was unintentional and I will correct it as soon as I know about it and am able to access this site to correct it.
At The Wisdom Journal, the privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use visit The Wisdom Journal, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Cox Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
- The Wisdom Journal is for educational and informational purposes only. Any advice rendered on this site should be verified by a qualified professional before any actions are taken on that advice.
- Advertisers, particularly those that scan my blog and try to fit ads accordingly, are solely responsible for the content of their own ads. I have no idea why they pick some advertisements.
- I will list affiliate links via banners, text and other ways that might be available. If something interests you, check it out. But remember that The Wisdom Journal specifically disclaims any liability with these advertising or affiliate sites.
- Readers should assume that any sites linking to companies providing products and/or services are affiliate marketing sites that pay commissions to me. Any products or services I review also pay a commission, a fee, or otherwise grant perks as payment.
- Readers should also assume that any book reviews I conduct on this site were the result of a free book given to me by the publisher. I don’t automatically write a positive review as a result, but the book was probably free (not all reviews resulted from a free book though — I DO buy my own sometimes!).
- And my employer has absolutely nothing to do with this blog.
If you would like to contact me, please use my Contact Form.
I can’t always monitor the site the way I’d like, but I will get back with you as soon as possible.
Have an IDEA?
If you have an idea for a blog post, a story idea, a tip or a technique you’d like me to write about, send it to me using that same Contact Form.