- The Wisdom Journal - http://www.thewisdomjournal.com/Blog -
6 Ways to Find Additional Money
Posted By Ron On April 24, 2008 @ 12:01 AM In Life,Money | Comments Disabled
1. When you go out to a restaurant , order water and put the money saved from drink purchases into a piggy bank (transfer to a savings account  when you get more than a few bucks).
My family did this for several years and we used the money for a trip to Disney World. My wife and I would occasionally throw in a few dollar bills (sometimes even $20′s), as well as our birthday, Christmas, and other monetary gifts. Over the course of a couple of years, we saved over $2,500!
2. Consider splitting an entree with your spouse and you’ll save calories and money. The food portions in most restaurants are huge and much more than most people need at a single sitting.
Again, put the money into a savings account  and you’ll increase your wallet while decreasing your pants size.
3. Go on a 24 or 48 hour spending fast . Take a couple of days and resolve to spend no money whatsoever. Eat what’s in the pantry, or eat leftovers, take walks in the park, go fishing in a public lake with worms you dug up with the kids, play a game of tag in the yard, visit your public library, or visit some elderly people in a nursing home. The point is to NOT spend any money. Figure out how much you would have spent during your spending fast and deposit that amount into your savings account. Be honest!
4. Once you finish paying off a loan, continue making that same payment on other debt or into your savings account. You’re used to doing without that money anyway, so don’t change your well established habit of living without it!