This is a guest post from my 14 year old Daughter who obviously wants to travel the world!
1. Paris! I have always wanted to go to Paris. Ever since I was little, the Eiffel tower has fascinated me. If I were to go there, I would definitely visit the Eiffel tower, visit the Palace of Versailles, and eat pastries in a little cafe. I would do some serious shopping in Paris too!
2. Rome is on my list also. In Rome, I would visit the Roman Coliseum, the Sistine Chapel, the Pantheon and eat some authentic Italian food like pasta, pesto, gellato, and Italian pastries. Yum! Also, I would buy some Italian shoes.
3. London, England. I would take one of friends here because we have already planned out what we would do here: we would go see that clock, Big Ben; we would go up in the London Eye, that big Ferris wheel; then we would go see the Crown Jewels in the Buckingham Palace; we would try really hard to make the guards with the big black hats laugh or smile; we would definitely eat some fish and chips; and we would ride on the top of one of those bright red double decker buses. I would save my shopping for the next location…
4. Milan! I would go see some fashion shows there and I would be buying clothes for several of my friends, shoes for another friend, and clothes and shoes for me! I would have a lot of money here because I would have planned my vacation to Milan very carefully and saved for a long time.
5. I have a lot to do in Spain, also. Here I would dip fresh baked bread into fresh squeezed (or however they make it) olive oil with lots of pepper. Then, I could take a trip to Barcelona and buy some souvenirs for family; I would go see a bull fight!
6. In Egypt… I would take my mom here because the whole Egyptian thing fascinates her. We would go see the pyramids, go see the Sphinx, go down into a king’s tomb if they would let us, and ride on a boat in the Nile. But I would NOT eat any food there because it doesn’t look very good.
7. Jerusalem would be an interesting place I’d like to visit. I would probably take my dad here- I think he would enjoy it. Here we would go float in the Dead Sea, look at all the places in the Bible (there are too many to name), ride a camel, and go for a boat ride in the Sea of Galilee.
8. Rio de Janeiro. I don’t have anything really specific I would do here— I would just want to go here because it is a big city with lots of beaches and sea ports and probably good shopping.
9. NEW YORK CITY! I HAVE to go here before I die. I would try to get in the Cash Cab and win some money, I would eat New York Pizza, buy some shoes, visit Ground Zero , do some more serious shopping, and I can’t think of anything else I would do right now, but I’m sure I could later.
10. Las Vegas…I would not gamble or anything here. I would just go to Vegas just to say I’ve been to Vegas. I’d love to see all the bright lights!
11. HOLLYWOOD! In Hollywood, I would get my name on one of those stars (lol!), get some autographs from some real stars, and…shop.
12. Next, I would go to Switzerland. I would take my brother and sister with me. We would go skiing on the Swiss Alps, drink endless amounts of hot chocolate, eat endless amounts of chocolate, go mountain climbing, and I would buy a little baby mountain goat for my brother because he had always wanted one.
13. Hmmm… next is Greece. I would go to Athens and see the place where they had the first Olympics, I would eat Greek food, like pitas, and go swimming in the Mediterranean Sea. I’d love to explore the ancient Grecian ruins and see the old temples and the architecture!
14. Last but not least— Australia. I would take one of my friends with me here because she loves guys with an Australian accent. We would go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef, go to the Sydney Opera House, and take home little kangaroos as pets!
Well, that’s my list of place I have to go before I die! So when do we leave?
Thank you Sweetheart! We’ll leave right after you finish your master’s degree …. Daddy.
Many thanks to Jeff at My Supercharged Life for his post that inspired this one. Jeff is sure to inspire a lot more people with wonderful ideas and posts like this! He wrote 10 Places I Have To See Before I Die. We’re on the same page with Numbers 2, 4, and 10!
Another great read on the same subject is at Change Your Tree. I love his Number 6!
[tags]travel, Rome, Spain, Milan, Paris, Hollywood[/tags]