- The Wisdom Journal - http://www.thewisdomjournal.com/Blog -
4 Ways to Lower Your Auto Insurance Premiums That Your Agent Won’t Tell You
Posted By Ron On April 22, 2009 @ 6:35 AM In Budgets,Life,Money,Tips & Techniques | Comments Disabled
Who doesn’t want to pay lower auto insurance rates? With the lifetime odds of being in an automobile accident at one in four (25 percent!), having the proper automobile insurance is a must. Chances are, you know someone who’s suffered physically or financially from an auto accident, just ask them about the importance of auto insurance.
Auto insurance … more than just a good idea … it’s the law. –Anonymous
Yes, it is the law in most states. As a matter of fact, when I lived in South Carolina, auto insurance was tied to your driver’s license. When your policy lapsed, your license was revoked!
1. Shop around. Nothing can lower your premium more quickly than competition between insurers. The easiest way to get start a competition for your premium isn’t by making a call to a single company, it’s by using an online service like InsureMe.com . They match you with the right agent for the job, and within minutes you receive multiple quotes directly from those competing companies. No getting stuck on the phone, no driving all over town, no waiting endlessly for a quote. You’ll typically receive several offers, and, after comparing a variety of coverage plans and rates, you can choose the right carrier and policy that meets your needs and fits your budget.
2. Have the proper coverage and deductible. Depending on your driving habits, you will need different coverage amounts. Someone who logs a lot of miles on a new car will require different coverage than someone who drives an old beater to town every 4 days. Also, someone with a high deductible (industry talk for the amount you have to pay before they kick in anything) will have a lower premium than someone with a low deductible.
3. Know the factors affecting your premium. Coverage amounts and limits aren’t the only factors that companies consider when setting your insurance premium. They also look at:
4. Always, always, always ask for discounts. Agents won’t always point them out and even those that will may not know that you’re eligible unless you mention things like:
You CAN save a bunch of money on your car insurance  … by following these four tips.
Article printed from The Wisdom Journal: http://www.thewisdomjournal.com/Blog
URL to article: http://www.thewisdomjournal.com/Blog/lower-auto-insurance-premiums/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13011014@N04/2901325908/
 InsureMe.com: http://www.thewisdomjournal.com/Blog/go/insureme.php/
 car insurance: http://www.thewisdomjournal.com/Blog/insurance/#car-insurance
 The Wisdom Journal: http://www.thewisdomjournal.com/Blog/
 subscribe today: http://www.thewisdomjournal.com/Blog/welcome.php/
 Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wisdomjournal/
 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Wisdom-Journal/147054648679421
 »crosslinked«: #
Copyright © 2008 The Wisdom Journal. Some rights reserved.