As the cost of higher education continues to outpace everything from inflation to federal student loan limits, millions of American students and families are turning to private student loans and CUstudentloans.org is leading the way. What is CUstudentloans.org? It’s a CUSO, a credit union service organization, founded to help match students needing anywhere from $2,000 to $30,000 per year to pay for their college education to credit unions (rather than banks) for the loan.
Are YOU wondering how to pay for college considering the federal student loan limits are far too low? Are you wondering how to pay your existing student loan? CUstudentloans.org also offers student loan consolidation! Check out how much you could be saving!
Why should students AND parents consider CUstudentloans.org?
Zero Origination Fees!
All qualified student borrowers enjoy ZERO origination fees.
Credit + Academic based underwriting
CUstudentloans.org uses the FACS Grade, which takes into account the credit history of the borrower/cosigner as well as the academic progress of the student. Good grades and getting closer to graduation means a lower loan rate!
1% Interest Rate Reduction
Once you have entered repayment and repaid just 10% of the loan, you can get a 1% interest rate reduction, saving you money in the long run.
30 Day No-Fee Return Policy
Your can cancel the loan within 30 days of approval date and you owe no fees and no interest.
Cosigners can be released from their responsibility after 24 consecutive on-time principal + interest payments. Other programs almost require an act of Congress to remove a cosigner, but not CUstudentloans.org. Since a cosigner can almost always guarantee a lower initial interest rate, and since a cosigner can be released from responsibility, this could be the best way to go.
Get more information on a private student loan through a Credit Union HERE!
Other reasons to use CUstudentloans.org.
- Qualified students can borrow as little as $2,000 or as much as $30,000 per year. That’s up to $120,000 in undergraduate debt and up to $160,000 for graduate school debt.
- There is no prepayment penalty and 30-day loan cancellation policy.
- Similar to other federal student loans, students can defer full principal and interest payments until six months after separating from the school.
- The loan features a variable interest loan based on the 3-Month LIBOR index plus margin. Recent rates for approved loans range from 2.99%-8.99%.
- Interest paid on loan may be tax deductible. Check with a qualified tax advisor.
- Students (and parents) can choose between making interest payments or a nominal $25 Proactive Payment towards the loan while still in school.
- Students can use the proceeds for any qualified educational expense, including past due tuition bills.
What will you need to get started?
1) IDENTIFICATION – Any government issued ID such as a passport, driver’s license, military ID, or other state issued ID card.
2) PROOF OF ENROLLMENT – Your unofficial transcript or acceptance letter if you’re an incoming freshman.
3) PROOF OF INCOME – Your last 2 pay-stubs, W2, or tax return. If the loan is cosigned, you’ll need proof of income for both the cosigner AND the borrower.
4) YOUR CREDIT UNION – You must be a member of a participating credit union within their private student loan network. If you’re not a member of a credit union participating in the program, you can quickly and easily join one online for free during the application process.
Get started with CUstudentloans.org HERE!