Have you ever considered what is needed to effectively accomplish a task? I’ve been turning this over in my head for the past few days as I meditated on several things that I needed to happen at one of my stores. Here is what I came up with:
- Tools – having the proper tools is critical
- Knowledge – tools are worthless if you don’t know how to use them
- Training – book knowledge is great, training is better
- Willingness – nothing happens unless someone is willing to make it happen
- Experience – many tasks are much better performed by experienced people
- Enthusiasm – working with enthusiasm is the difference between getting something done and getting it done efficiently
- Commitment – a commitment to excellence and doing it right
Doing something, and doing it well, requires all seven components. Is there anything else I should consider adding to the list? Leave me a comment!
Here are some great posts that were all done well!
- Anyone Else Tired of Hearing the Rich Whining About Taxes?
- Sick of Wellness Programs: The End of Group Health Insurance?
- 7 Ways to Become a More Frugal Family
- How to Talk About Wine
- How To Erase Your Debts The Hard Way
- 7 Money Tips for Savvy Travelers
- How I Almost Got Tricked into Buying Flood Insurance I Didn’t Need
- What You CAN’T Hold in an IRA
- Is This Proof That Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme?
- Disappearing Middle Class [An Analysis]
- How To Sell An ETF Or Stock Using A Canadian Discount Brokerage
- 10 Places You Might Not Expect to Find a Job
- Financial Advice for Pro Athletes
- A Cup of Coffee Isn’t Just a Cup of Coffee
- The High Stakes of Penny Auctions: Good Deals or Big Risk?
- Preparing for Emergencies- Hurricane Irene in North Carolina
- Why Investing Isn’t Such a Hot Idea
- What Are Real Return Bonds?
- How To Invest Money For Your Kids
- Withdrawal Rates and Early Retirement