Ally Bank has released their newest innovation in mobile banking with their new second generation mobile banking app! Available for iPhones and Androids, this new mobile banking app has some features that others don’t. If you’ve been waiting to open a checking account at Ally Bank because their mobile banking app just wasn’t what you wanted, this latest phase in mobile banking could tip the scale in their favor (did you know you can open an account with Ally Bank without actually depositing money?). And if you’re sick of your current bank, don’t forget to read How to Switch Banks in Six Easy Steps.
Ally Bank’s Mobile App’s Newest Features
- Ally eCheck Deposit - Deposit a check just by snapping a picture of it with your camera phone. Granted, some other banks offer this convenience but it’s a new one for Ally Bank. For those who don’t have direct deposit from their employer, this could really be a time saver. Imagine depositing your paycheck before you even leave work on Friday!
- Review Your eCheck History – did you already deposit that paycheck? If you’re not sure, you can easily scroll through your eCheck history and make sure.
- Bill Pay - Pay bills from anywhere, anytime. Also a new feature for the mobile app though some other banking apps already offer bill pay. Personally, I believe this will be a big win for customers who open a checking account at Ally Bank. Being able to pay your bills via your phone could mean no more late charges if you set your smart phone alarm for a couple of days before the due date.
- Non-Ally Transfers - Transfer money to and from your other banks. This one is really a great convenience when you want to use a traditional (brick-and-mortar) bank in addition to a 100% online bank like Ally or if you use a PerkStreet checking account for their debit card rewards program.
- Find an ATM even if you’re NOT an Ally customer - Ally Bank’s secondary app, available for customers and non–customers, is one of the only available apps that is able to locate both nearby ATMs and cash–back locations in the U.S. using Global Positioning System (GPS) technology. This app is available to the public and is free to download at the App Store and Google Play Store.
All this is in addition to the services already provided with Ally Mobile Banking for iPhone and Android users that let you use your smart phone or tablet to check balances, view transactions, transfer money between your Ally accounts (such as your Ally Bank Savings Account), and find over 400,000 ATMs and cash back locations.
The Ally Mobile Banking App for the iPhone and Android is now up and running. We encourage you to test it out!