A few weeks ago, I noticed that my Gateway Netbook was running slower and slower, sometimes getting bogged down so badly that I couldn’t use it. Being the cheapskate I am, I searched for some free online software to speed up (and clean up my system) and downloaded a program that a friend recommended. It did … okay, I guess. It found a few registry errors and DID speed up my system a little bit for a little while, but not for long.
To make matters worse, I was constantly having to repair my wireless connection and on many occasions, gave up writing a blog post because my little machine just wouldn’t work. Thankfully, I was given a free copy of TuneUp Utilities™ 2011 to review. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!
After running it, all I can say is WOW ... and thank you to its developers! Even after running the program recommended by my friend, TuneUp Utilities™ 2011 found 319 MORE registry errors, hard disk errors, and other ways to improve the performance of my little Gateway Netbook.
I’m not the only one who sings praises for this awesome software:
“If you’re looking to tune up your PC, you won’t go wrong with this latest version of TuneUp Utilities. This software does a comprehensive job of cleaning up your PC to make sure it runs faster, more smoothly, and without problems. It´s one of the most comprehensive programs of its kind.”
– PC World
TuneUp Utilities has a LOT of features:
TuneUp Utilities is compatible with Windows 7™
- TuneUp Utilities supports the Windows 7™ operating system.
- As with Windows XP™ and Vista™, the new version of TuneUp Utilities runs on both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
TuneUp Utilities has “Turbo Mode!”
- Disables many unnecessary functions in XP™, Vista™, and Windows 7™ that run in the background and are often hardly needed.
- Full power for actively running programs makes for a smoother work and gaming experience!
TuneUp Utilities Live Optimization
- Improves response times: prevents background processes from taking up too much of the PC’s resources that would otherwise make programs run slowly.
- Accelerates program startup times: TuneUp Utilities makes your programs boot in a snap, even if the PC is bogged down by a number of other programs.
TuneUp Utilities Gadget
- Shows the system health right on the desktop and gives users direct access to TuneUp Utilities functions (for Vista™ and Windows 7™).
TuneUp Utilities has a clearly laid out Start Center
- The completely redesigned TuneUp Utilities Start Center shows system health at a glance and provides direct access to key functions.
TuneUp Utilities is ridiculously simple to use
- 1-Click Maintenance and Automatic Maintenance
- Convenient: Both features incorporate the best optimization tools to keep your PC free of clutter and stable. Now with the manual 1-Click Maintenance or Automatic Maintenance option which lets users switch off unnecessary startup programs automatically, to name just one example.
- Smart move: Automatic Maintenance only starts whenever you are not actively working or playing at your PC.
- If your laptop or netbook is running on battery, Automatic Maintenance won‘t start, that way you have more time for work.
This software WAS given to me for free but honestly, that has nothing to do with how well it works … and I feel like my Gateway Netbook runs like it did the first day I opened it.
If you’re considering a purchase of TuneUp Utilities, I can highly recommend it.