Having written over 1,000 articles in the last four years, I’ve made the decision to bring in additional voices to express their experience and expertise. This isn’t a call for “guest posts.” This is a call for writers … those who want to write and get published here … especially those who wish to write more than just once
If you’re a writer and this sounds interesting to you, read on! If you’re a reader and this sounds scary, never fear! I will continue to write but I’d love to incorporate more ideas, more varied content, and more opinions on the key subjects covered.
Why write for The Wisdom Journal?
With 80,000 to 100,000 consistent monthly visitors, contributors can potentially gain access to a larger audience to showcase their work, hone their writing skills, learn, grow, and connect.
Writers representing companies, public relations firms or SEO companies will NOT be accepted. I want genuine voices that will connect with readers and provide a valuable service.
- Authors should subscribe to comments and respond within a reasonable amount of time (preferably within 24 hours or less).
- Authors must commit to promoting all work submitted and subsequently published at The Wisdom Journal on Twitter, Facebook, Digg, StumbleUpon and/or other social media. We both benefit when others read your work!
- All articles MUST be original – meaning not previously published elsewhere. Do not submit content written somewhere else that you’ve “re-worded”, put through an article spinner, or otherwise altered.
- After 120 days have elapsed, your article may be republished on another site.
- All articles must be spell checked and grammatically correct. For example, you should know the difference between, and how to use: affect and effect, its and it’s, your and you’re, their, there, and they’re, etc.
- Any article submitted for publication should be related to economics, personal finance, taxes, getting out of debt, career issues, personal development, time management, or business topics. If you’re in doubt, drop me an email before you write the article.
- I will use the Author Box Plugin so be certain to include a short bio with a single link back to your website, plus your Twitter account, Facebook and/or RSS feed. I’ll also need you to establish a Gravatar so your photo will appear in the author box. Please provide this information in html code.
- Please do not add affiliate links or commercial links to the article. I will remove them. If you feel an article would be improved by the addition up to two links (even links back to your site), let me know … and why. Links to articles previously published on The Wisdom Journal are acceptable, of course.
- Do not stuff the article full of keywords. Write naturally!
- I will retain all editorial and approval rights, including removing and/or substituting links within the article or altering it as I see fit. If I feel the need to alter it too much, I will contact you first.
- If you want to add a photo or image to the article, make sure it allows for derivatives under the Creative Commons License (if you own the image please indicate so). I will also need the appropriate attribution for the image through a link.
- I will host all images on the site since links to images can mysteriously go bad.
- When you send an article, please send it in straight html or in Word document format. I can easily use either. The best way to send these articles is by writing them in Notepad and attaching them to your email.
How to apply as a writer
Use the contact form below to initiate contact with me. I’ll get back with you as soon as I’m able.