Not everyone uses TurboTax or H&R Block Online to complete their tax return (surprise!). Some people don’t like dealing with large companies, some want to support “the little guys”, and some just like the feel of the other tax software packages. Regardless, there is a significant number of people who prefer to use a smaller company’s tax preparation software. Does this describe you? If it does, give one of these companies a look:
eSmart Tax is Liberty Tax Service’s online tax preparation service that offers a convenient, easy-to-use, browser-based tax filing system. eSmart Tax provides an exceptional online tax preparation solution at an affordable value. A fan favorite among About.com readers, eSmart Tax was voted Best Tax Preparation Software in 2011 by readers from About.com. With the powerhouse team of eSmart Tax’s online tax preparation service and Liberty Tax Service’s offices, ultimate customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
OnePriceTaxes offers you the opportunity to file your federal and state taxes online for only $14.95! Whether you need to file a simple 1040EZ, own a home, own investment or rental property, are a sole proprietor with a business, plan to itemize or now, you can file both federal and state for one low price. OnePriceTaxes.com offers AuditGuard® to provide a type of insurance against audits for an additional $19.95 (36 months coverage). Since both TurboTax and H&R Block provide this as part of their standard package, the price gap closes substantially when you consider audit protection as a factor.
This company’s best feature is that if you have more than one state return to complete, it’s still the same price ($24.95). They also offer:
- Ease of use – You only need to key in the data once, even for multiple state returns
- Reliability – Their tax return processing engine has been trusted for over 30 years
- Accuracy – Your return is checked prior to transmission to eliminate filing errors
- Safety – Your tax return information is protected using SSL encryption
- Free Online Tech Support
- Free Ammended Return – If you have to make a change to either your Federal and/or State Return, 1040Return.com will prepare the return for you free
- Free tax alert newsletters – So you can stay informed in the constant changing world of tax law
Two more options for completing your taxes …
- Use a tax professional that you found on WiserAdvisor. Their advanced Matching Service is designed to objectively help individuals like you quickly and easily find the ideal tax advisor (or financial advisor) to meet your unique needs. It takes just 5 minutes, there’s no obligation, and you select the specific advisors you want to be contacted by.
- Plunge into the deep end of the pool while wearing concrete boots and complete your tax return by hand using a stack of booklets provided from the Internal Revenue Service.
Guess which one I would NOT recommend!