To get double warranty coverage:
- You must purchase the new item entirely with your PerkStreet MasterCard card for yourself or to give as a gift. No split tickets!
- The item must have an original manufacturer’s warranty of 12 months or less.
- The original purchase does not have to be registered to receive this benefit but unregistered items only receive double whatever warranty you’re given by the manufacturer.
2. Purchase Assurance Coverage
If something you bought with your MasterCard card is damaged or stolen
within 90 days of your purchase, you may be eligible for benefits under this coverage. Purchase Assurance is basically an insurance program. Purchase Assurance covers up to the actual cost of the item stolen or broken up to $1,000, as well as up to $25,000 per cardholder, per account, per 12 month period.
Obviously, you can’t just go around “losing” everything you buy just to get the coverage … that’s called fraud and usually includes fines and/or jail, so if you do lose something you bought with your PerkStreet MasterCard, be sure to file a police report.
3. Satisfaction Guarantee Coverage
If you become dissatisfied with something you bought with your PerkStreet MasterCard card within 60 days of purchase, you may be eligible for
benefits under this coverage. For up to 60 days after a purchase, Satisfaction Guarantee Coverage will issue a full refund on items up to $250 if you are dissatisfied with the purchase and the store will not accept a return. There is a maximum of four claims per cardholder, per12 month period.
Where this would come in handy is at retail stores with a very unfriendly return policy.
Like Purchase Assurance Coverage, Satisfaction Guarantee is also an insurance program and what is covered by one program isn’t covered by the other (no double dipping), and there are some other exclusions so be sure to read and understand the MasterCard Smart Shopper pamphlet.
4. Master RoadAssist Service
If your vehicle breaks down, call 1-800-MC-ASSIST and they’ll send help your way. This isn’t an insurance program and you will have to pay the costs of towing or for any use of emergency vehicles, but it is nice knowing that someone else can find the right help and send it on to you when you need it … all from one phone call.
5. MasterAssist Travel Assistance Service
- Before you travel, check with MasterTrip service to get any information on travel requirements, necessary documents, immunizations, or exchange rates.
- If you have a travel emergency, MasterTrip can arrange to transfer up to $5,000 from a friend, family member, or business account.
- MasterTrip also provides a global referral network of physicians, dentists, and hospitals, and will even put you in contact with a doctor stateside in the case of a medical emergency.
Do you travel abroad?
The MasterLegal Referral Service provides you with English-speaking legal referrals or consultations with appropriate embassies and consulates regarding your situation and will assist in transfers of up to $5,000 in cash from a family member, friend, or business to cover legal fees or to post bail. There is no charge for these referral services but any legal fees or bail fees are your responsibility.
PerkStreet’s benefits just keep adding up and up and up
- Rewards up to 2%
- Rewards no matter your average daily balance with no limit
- Rotating category rewards of 5% (up to $250/yr)
- MasterCard benefits that shine and take the worry out of purchases
Please see the MasterCard Smart Shopper pamphlet for full details, exclusions and restrictions.