I saw them tearing a building down,
A group of men in a busy town.
With a great “Heave Ho!” and a lusty yell
They swung a beam and a side wall fell.
I asked a foreman if these men were as skilled
As the men you’d hire if you had to build.
He gave me a laugh and said, “No indeed,
Just common labor is all I need.
These men can wreck in just a day or two
What it takes a skilled builder a year to do.”
I asked myself as I went my way
Which of these roles I’ve tried to play,
Am I a builder who works with care
Leveling my life by the rule and square?
Am I shaping my future with a thought out plan
And patiently doing the best I can?
Or am I a wrecker who wanders the town
Content to find a building I can tear down?
~~ Author Unknown
- Jason shows us the 44 Ways to Ruin Your Financial Life By Age 30
- Nickel had a guest post on buying a home – Why I Bought A House at the Age of 24 (I love it when people allow “personal” finance to be personal)
- Lynnae gives great tips on How to Create the Perfect eBay Listing: Step One – Research Before You Write
- MBHunter has some cool tips (and a great story) on using and abusing free trial offers.
- Ryan writes a review on Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University.
- If you’re wondering where your money is, Pete clues you in with How To Check The Status Of Your Federal And State Income Tax Return
- Madison (the resident tax guru) answers the question When Should You Pay Taxes on Your 2010 Roth Conversion?
- Susan gives us some advice on Allowing Your Kids to be “THEM”
- Sharon Drew Morgen advises us on The Steps of a Sale: from the buying decision to the close
- PT points out Virtual Credit Card: Use One to Shop Safely Online
- Jeremy knows what your problem is. He writes about The 7 Biggest Money Problems Most People Have
- Elle presents Using Priceline’s Bid Feature for Our Vacation Plans
- Jeff Rose shares DB(k) Pension Plan Rules. Is it the New 401k?
- Junior Boomer wrote How Will Obamacare Affect Your Small Business?
- Jeff asks What’s Steering Your Relationship?
- The Grouch has the skinny on The GM Shell Game
- Sharon Drew Morgen plays The Definition Game: name that concept
- MD reported about Career/Personal Finance Advice For College Graduates
- Garrett Driscoll helps you with Do It Yourself Debt Settlement
- PT advises us on Different Types of Insurance: Do You Have What You Need?
- Craig from FFB points out Credit Card Benefits
- PT presents How to Calculate Your Mortgage Payment for a Refinance or Purchase