I heard on the news today that Antarctica is warmer than some sections of the US. With temperatures plunging to 40 and 50 below here and considering that it’s summertime in the southern hemisphere, I believe it! Thankfully, we have a warm home and some electric blankets.
In the meantime, here are some great articles and blog posts from the past week.
The Fab Five
Joel has a new tool that shows true lifetime cost of using a credit card to make purchases when you don’t pay off the balance in full each month.
Delaying Roth IRA Contributions One Year Could Cost You $74,000 really drives home the importance of saving early.
Reap What You Sow: 10 Keys to Achieving Your Goals gives you some solid tips for setting resolutions and goals that you can and WILL achieve.
31 Days of Organizing for a Better 2010: Take the Trash Challenge reminded me of working as a waiter. We used to have to do trash audits to see what was getting thrown out. That might be a good thing to do at home also.
Should Companies Teach Their Employees the Basics of Personal Finance? I think YES, that would be a great idea!
The Best of the Rest
- How to Earn High Returns with Lending Club
- Making money buying and selling cars
- Why College Grads Should Run Away from the First Time Homebuyer Tax Credit
- What To Do If You Cannot Pay Your Taxes In Full
- Ask the Moms: How Do You Make Your Home Safe?
- 10 Frugal Ways to get Fit this Winter
- A Story of Steak and Customer Service
- People Need An Excuse To Spend Money, And They’re Eager To Find One
- How To Buy Future-Proof Technology
- Do You Practice What You Preach
- 25 Questions that Provoke Thought
- My Call From a Debt Collector