Tragedy can strike anywhere at anytime and despite the recent rush to preparedness I’ve seen in television shows and blogs, nothing could really have prepared the people of Japan for what they’re currently facing. The 8.9 magnitude earthquake that struck on March 11 actually shifted the Japanese island eight feet and sped up the rotation of the earth. It was so powerful, it also caused the earth to wobble on its axis.
Today, relief efforts are being hampered by their devastated infrastructure and there are legitimate worries about survivors having enough food and shelter. Take a moment to view this interactive Before & After site with pictures of the devastation and you’ll understand why.
Thanks to Sam at Financial Samurai, I just donated $100 to the relief effort via the Red Cross. If you would like to donate to the Japanese earthquake relief efforts, please visit the Red Cross’s site here. The Red Cross is probably the BEST place to donate funds that will actually get to the Japanese people. You can also donate money with your cell phone to the American Red Cross Relief by texting REDCROSS to 90999. Every time you text REDCROSS, $10 will be debited to your phone bill and a donation sent.
- A Little Less Talk, a Little More Action on Gas Prices
- Life Insurance Beneficiary — Who Should It Be?
- What Does $61 Billion in Spending Cuts Look Like?
- Zions Bank Review: High Yield Savings, Checking, Money Market Accounts
- Best House Selling Tips
- Mortgage Applications Rise Even As Rates Inch Up. Is It Time To Buy Or Refinance?
- Why We Crave More Stuff
- Vanguard: What Makes Them Unique?
- Top 5 Ways To Save On Car Maintenance
- This is Why You Can’t Make Money in the Stock Market
- Cable Alternatives – Legal Alternatives to Cable TV
- Increasing Our Extra Mortgage Payments
- You Need a Plan to Improve Your Life
- Different Types Of Canadian Financial Advisors
- How Can I Rebuild My Credit Score Now?
- Guide For Life After College
- Readers Share Tips for Making Lowball Offers on Homes
- Where to Keep Your Emergency Fund
- How to File an Amended Tax Return
- When Do You Need to Buy Long Term Care Insurance?
- How Much to Save for College
- When is it Best to Itemize Your Taxes?
- Thoughts on Losing $50,000 on Our House
- What To Do with Your Tax Refund