Ever notice how we live our lives from season to season? Now that “tax” season has come to an end in the USA, we enter a two week lull, then head into “Mother’s Day” season. After that it’s a “graduation” season”, then Father’s Day season, then Independence Day season. Then another quiet period (sometimes it’s vacation season) before “back to school” season. Then Labor Day season, Halloween Season, election season (every other year), Thanksgiving season, Christmas Holiday season, New Year’s, Valentine’s, then back to tax season again. I’m sure there are a few “seasons” I forgot! No wonder people feel like they’re on an endless treadmill.
What would happen if we stepped off the treadmill for a few years and just enjoyed life? We skip from stone to stone across the pond of life but never really take the time to enjoy the scenery or who we’re with. It’s a shame.
Let’s all slow down and breathe for a few … years. Life’s too short to hurry through it just because the calendar says you’re supposed to.
- You may have heard of the “Law of the Hammer.” What about the Law of the Nail?
- Frugal Dad asks What Happens to the Money We Don’t Spend?
- Jeff shows us How to Eliminate Failure as a Possibility
- Mandi shares her thoughts on becoming an “at home” family
- Is it time to add some TIPS to your portfolio? Find out at My Dollar Plan.
- Could more financial bubbles be forming?
- Susan asks How Important is Your Role At Home?
- PT presents 401K Rollover to IRA
- Brad posted Children and Money: A basic plan to teach financial responsibility
- PT also shares Roth IRA Qualifications: Are You a Member of the Club?
- Paul wrote PocketSmith Personal Finance Software Review
- Mike clues us in on Rules for converting your RRSP to RRIF
- Junior Boomer posted Filing Taxes After the Deadline
- Jeff Rose enlightened us on Long Term Care Insurance Quotes: How Much Do You Need?
- MD informs us about Investment Options For Young People
- Dustin shows us How to Get Your Spouse to Talk to You: 7 Tips for Engagement
- Craig/FFB reported about Exchange Traded Funds – Pros and Cons
- Dave Ozment advises us on Views of Money – Part 2
- PT points out Roth IRA vs 401K: Which is Better for You?
- Danielle presents Working Parent Myths!
- Kyle shares How To Determine Mutual Fund Holdings With Morningstar
- MD wrote Going Full Time With Your Side Business– When is it the Right Time?
- Ryan clues us in on Who Killed BlockBuster – Netflix or RedBox?
- MD posted Harsh Reality On Student Loans + Some Valuable Help
- PT enlightened us on How to Optimize Your Spending
- Marc asks 25 Beautifully Illustrated Thought-Provoking Questions
- PT informs us about Credit Card Cash Advance: Bad Financial Move or Good Emergency Plan?
- Ryan reported about How to Hire a Lawyer
- Ryan advises us on How to Apply for a VA Loan
- MD points out The Secrets to Generating a Safety Net in Just 6 Months
Photo by Stuart Berry